- Getting the program name of .exe files to display more meaningful names in the UI.
- Getting the system nameserver from the default interface.
- Getting the default gateway (together with nameserver), but this is not really used atm.
So, all in all, Portmaster should run fine without Powershell.
You will have:
- Reduced UX due to possibly weird app names in the UI. It might be harder to find the app you are looking for.
- Correct resolution of local DNS names will probably not work. And there will be no fallback if configured DNS servers fail for some reason.